Thinking about squeezing in a little biking while you are in the Orlando area………you won’t be disappointed! Biking is a great way to get up close and personal to Orlando. With the many bike trails in the area, there is sure to be one for you. You can even find places to rent the bikes, so don’t just think about squeezing a ride in, plan on it!
Biking Walt Disney World
Rent a bike from Disney’s Fort Wilderness or Wilderness Lodge and enjoy riding along the tree-lined paths around these resorts. Complimentary helmets and child seats are available. Helmets and child seats are complimentary with all bike rentals. Bicyclists under 16 years of age must wear helmets by state law, and guests must remain within the specific resort area where the bike has been rented.
Biking Trails in Orange & Osceola Counties
Shingle Creek Regional Trail… Orange and Osceola Counties
A network of biking trails called the Shingle Creek Regional Trail are currently being planned in these counties. Some of the trails have already been completed, while others are still under constructions or being planned. Once the whole network is completed there will be about 32 miles of trails that reach from Kissimmee to Wekiva Springs State Park.
Here are some local favorites.
Kissimmee Loop (7.0 miles) and Shingle Creek (2.0 miles)
These trails link around Shingle Creek and Kissimmee. The 456-acre Shingle Creek Regional Park is a lovely oasis on Shingle Creek, at the headwaters of the Everglades.
The park also has a boat and canoe/kayak launch, outfitter, fishing dock, hiking trails, picnicking, play area, and restrooms. Several old homes from the historic Shingle Creek community are within the park and a Pioneer Village. The creek is named after the cypress trees that lined the bank in the late 19th century, which were used to make wood shingles.
Above is just a small portion of the available biking trails. Listed below are more local trails that you may want to explore.
Orange County (Orlando)
- Baldwin Park
- Cady Way Trail
- Lake Nona
- Lake Underhill Path
- Little Econ Greenway
- Maitland Bike Route
- Orlando Urban Trail
- Pine Hills Trail
- West Orange Trail
Trail Riding Etiquette
- Florida law requires all bicyclists under age 16 to wear a bicycle helmet.
- Be courteous to all trail users (bicyclists, joggers, walkers, wheelchairs, skateboarders, rollerbladers).
- Keep right and no more than two abreast.
- Pass on the left. Be sure the lane is clear before passing and leave enough distance between yourself and the other user.
- Give audible signals when passing (voice, bell or whistle).
- Travel in a predictable and consistent manner, keeping control of your bike at all times and travel at a reasonable speed.
- Do not block the trail, move your bike off to the side when stopped.
- Yield when entering or crossing trails, and yield to pedestrians at crosswalks.
- Do not use trails while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Clean up your litter.
- Keep pets on leashes and clean up after your pet.
- Carry identification.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted. Exceptions are electric wheelchairs, golf carts operated by trails staff, and public maintenance and safety vehicles.
Local Bike rentals are available thru Evolve. Have your bikes delivered right to the home.
Create a memorable experience in Celebration, FL. Celebration has many quiet streets, beautiful homes, scenic nature trails and waterfront bike paths, and a vibrant downtown. Maps are available and they have a guided tour as well.