The International Flower & Garden Festival is a treat for your eyes. This event is held every year in the early spring. We love to tour the festival to look at the amazing flower colors and imaginative topiary displays. But there is so much more! Things from rock c
The International Flower & Garden Festival will run from March 6th until June 3rd, 2019.
EPCOT transforms into a large garden for the festival. There are about 70,000 bedding plants arranged like giant paintings. In the photo above, taken at the 2018 festival you can see a flower, butterfly and the sun. Crews go in every night to replace dead or faded flowers so that it always looks fresh and beautiful every day.
Located throughout the park are exquisite topiary displays in Disney characters. See Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy at the entrance in a small garden in front of the Spaceship Earth ride. There were lines of people waiting for an empty spot in front of them for the family to get a few selfie pics. New this year is Bo Peep and Her Sheep, and a Playful Garden.
Another one that the children loved was an entire car from the show Cars.
A variety of gardens are displayed throughout the park that will
The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ
Also, in the photo above is the butterfly exhibit that was set up last year. If you get a chance to visit the butterfly exhibit it is well worth it and you might even get one to land on you. Inside you will see hundreds of butterflies from many different parts of the world. There is a chrysalis hatching area where you can watch the caterpillars emerge as the beautiful winged butterflies.
Along with all these plants are many other events, kiosks, and entertainment.
The Garden Rock Concert Series
One of the events that we like is The Garden Rock Concert Series. For 2019 the concerts are expanding to seven days a week, making for 270 concerts altogether. Times are nightly at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8 PM. This year the line up of acts are:
- March 9 through 10 Glass Tiger – NEW
- March 11 through 12 Jon Anderson of Yes – NEW!
- March 13 through 14 Tony Orlando
- March 17 through 20 Simple Plan
- March 21 through 22 Ambrosia – NEW!
- March 23 through 24 Magic Giant – NEW!
- March 25 through 27 Air Supply – NEW
- March 28 through 29 Berlin, featuring Terri Nunn
- March 30 through 31 The Smithereens – NEW
- April 1 through 2- Rick Springfield
- April 3 through 4 Christopher Cross – NEW
- April 5 through 7 The Spinners
- April 8 through 9 Dennis DeYoung,
originalmember of the group Styx
- April 10 through 11 John Michael Montgomery – NEW!
- April 12 through 13 Sister Sledge – NEW
- April 14 through 16 Night Ranger
- April 17 through 19 Sister Hazel – NEW
- April 20 through 21 Steven Curtis Chapman – NEW!
- April 22 through 23 TobyMac – NEW!
- April 24 through 26 Lonestar
- April 27 through 30 The Orchestra, starring former members of ELO
- May 1 through 4 Herman’s Hermits, starring Peter Noone
- MAy 5 through 7 Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles
- May 8 through 9 A Flock of Seagulls – NEW!
- May 10 through 11 Marshall Tucker Band – NEW
- May 14 through 15 Richard Marx – NEW
- May 16 through 19 Starship, starring Mickey Thomas
- May 20 through 21 Colin Hay of Men at Work – NEW!
- May 22 through 23 War – NEW!
- May 24 through 27 The Guess Who
- May 28 through 29 Jon Secada
- May 30 through June 1 Blood, Sweat and Tears
Many of the songs they play are recognized by most all age groups. It is not uncommon to have everyone singing along. Be sure to look into the Garden Rock Dining Package. Dine at one of the close restaurants that then guarantee you a seat in the pavilion during the concerts.
Festival Exclusive “Outdoor Kitchens”
The world showcase also comes alive with over a dozen Outdoor Kitchens that serve a variety of cuisine and drinks. Be sure to find your favorite. Each kiosk has a variety of many options. Here is a sampling:
- Arbor at The Gardeners Terrace – NEW! Smoked Salmon Stack with Avocados, Tomatoes, Sour Cream, Caviar and Focaccia
- Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth – NEW! Roasted Beets, Cashew Cheese and Micro Herbs with Lemon-oil Dressing
- Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market-Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce
- The Citrus Blossom – NEW! Crispy Citrus Chicken with Orange Aïoli and Baby Greens
- Fleur de Lys-Macaron au Chocolat en Sucette: Large Chocolate Macaron Lollipop
- Florida Fresh-Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue
- Hanami-Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice garnished with Whipped Cream, Berry Sauce Drizzle, and Toasted Coconut
- Jardin de Fiestas-Tres Leches: Milk-soaked Sponge Cake topped with Cajeta Whipped Cream and Almond Powder
- La Isla Fresca-Tropical Freeze with Cruzan Mango Rum
- Lotus House-House-made Crab and Cheese WontonsVegetable Spring Rolls
- Northern Bloom-Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables
- Pineapple Promenade– Pineapple Soft-serve
- Taste of Marrakesh-Harissa Chicken Kebab with Dried Fruit Couscous Salad
- THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews-Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw
- The Honey Bee-
stroHosted by National Honey Board™-Honey-peach Cobbler Freeze
- Trowel & Trellis Hosted by IMPOSSIBLE™ Foods – NEW!-Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread
Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration
Another event running again this year is Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration. This is a scavenger hunt and will during The International Flower and Garden Festival. Spike is a cute looking honey bee and there are a dozen of them scattered among the gardens. You have to look for Spike in the gardens. To begin you have to buy a map of the sites where you can find him. Once you have filled in the map with the stickers for each Spike, you have to turn in the map and get a prize.
Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt
A second scavenger hunt will run from March 16th until April 1st. In the Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunt, search for eggs with Disney characters on them.
Maps for both of these hunts can be purchased at several sites, including:
- Pin Central
- Port of Entry Traders
- World Traveler
No matter why you are going to The International Flower & Garden Festival it will be a great time. There is something for every member of the family.