EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
The EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival is our favorite event at Walt Disney World every year. It is included in the ticket price for the day. Of course, that does not mean you will not be spending money at the festival, particularly if you want to try some of the fantastic small portions sold at the kiosks throughout the World Showcase.
In 2019, the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival will run from August 29 to November 23.
Taste your way around the world with cuisines for everyone’s taste with over 30 marketplace booths to choose from. Menu items come in small portions with prices allowing you to try many cultures. Each booth typically has a few entrée items and dessert to select from. Beverages are also offered. It makes for a pleasant evening strolling around the World Showcase and deciding what to, or not to, drink and eat.
Be sure to try out Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce for eight dollars in Canada. It is fantastic! Desserts and beverages round out the menu.
The EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival Passport lists what kiosk carry which foods. You can find them at the Festival Center and throughout the World Showcase. Alternatively, if you would rather sit down to a wonderful meal and relax, there are restaurants at all of the countries in the showcase and some of them are absolutely fabulous. See about the Eat to the Beat Dining Package below.
The full line up of kiosks countries and menus have not been announced yet. Check back here and we will update this when it is.
Eat to the Beat Concert Series
If you are lucky with timing you may even get to watch and listen to one of the artists in the Eat to the Beat Concert Series. The concerts are held at America Gardens Theatre at Epcot World Showcase.
The Eat to the Beat Dining Package includes 19 participating restaurants throughout EPCOT World Showcase. Make a dining reservation and get priority seating for that night’s concert. Limited availability.
The concerts times are Sundays through Thursdays at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM and Fridays and Saturdays at 6:30 PM, 7:45 PM and 9:00 PM.
- August 29 through 31 – Plain White T’s
- September 1 through 2 – Sawyer Brown – NEW!
- September 3 through 4 – MercyMe
- September 5 through 6 – Grace Kelly – NEW!
- September 7 through 8 – Zach Williams – NEW!
- September 9 through 10 – Lauren Daigle – NEW!
- September 11 through 12 – Jimmie Allen – NEW!
- September 13 through 15 – TBD
- September 16 through 17 – The Allman Betts Band
- September 18 through 19 – Everclear
- September 20 through 22 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
- September 23 through 24 – Post Modern Jukebox
- September 25 through 26 – Blue October
- September 27 through 29 – Mark Wills
- September 30 through October 2 – Sugar Ray
- October 3 through 4 – Taylor Dayne
- October 5 through 6 – India – NEW!
- October 7 through 9 – TBD
- October 10 through 11 – Boyce Avenue – NEW!
- October 12 through 13 – Southern Avenue – NEW!
- October 14 through 15 – Kenny G
- October 16 through 17 – 38 Special
- October 18 through 20 – Baha Men
- October 21 through 22 – Billy Ocean
- October 23 through 25 – Sheila E
- October 26 through 27 – High Valley
- October 28 through 30- Hanson
- October 31 through November 1 – Sheena Easton
- November 2 through 3 – Kris Allen – NEW!
- November 4 through 6- -Boyz II Men
- November 7 through 8 – The Hooters
- November 9 through 11 – Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy
- November 12 through 18 – TBD
- November 19 – D’Capella – NEW!
Occasionally we will just listen while standing at the back of the seating and the sound quality is just fine.
At the Festival Center, located just to the left of the Mission Space thrill ride, there are plenty of other things to do.
It is the perfect spot to find a table and enjoy tasting one or two of the wines while resting your sore feet. You can purchase small tasting size portions of several of them at a time. We like to do this and then let everyone in the party try them all. It is a great way to help you learn just what types of wines you really like.
The festival center is the place to find the following seminars and demonstrations. Click on each title for a full list of offerings. The price for each is $19 per person.
- Beverage Seminars
- Culinary Demonstrations
- Food & Beverage Pairings
- Cheese Seminars
- Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!
Chocolate Sculpture Display
My favorite thing at the Festival Center was the chocolate sculpture display. Below is a leopard lounging on a branch and every bit of it, and the branch was made out of chocolate.
Of course there are also lots of memorabilia like the official Festival Cook Book, glasses, pins, T-shirts and much more. You can certainly buy full bottles of many many different wines. Some of the bottles come in amazing shapes and would also make great souvenirs.
Sunday Brunch with a Chef
Have breakfast brunch with Buddy Valastro, Cat Cora, Robert Irvine, Carla Hall, or Richard Blais, and many others.
Breakfast starts off with a sparkling toast and then a breakfast buffet. The celebrity guest will share their favorite tips and tricks. End with a meet-and-greet photo opportunity. Prices are $139 pp. To see the 2019 line up and make a reservation, click here.
For the kids
The kids are not forgotten either. They can participate in Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak Scavenger Hunt. The goal is to help Remy find the ingredients for his most famous meal, Ratatouille.
Get the whole family involved and roll your own sweet sushi using your favorite candies. The event is held daily at 3:30 PM and 5:30 PM in the Sunshine Seasons at the Land pavilion in EPCOT. $10 for all ages.
Last but not least, have them get their passports stamped as they make their way around the World Showcase.
For more about EPCOT seeFind Us On Social Media